Thursday, July 26, 2012

Long Overdue Beach Post

As I've stated many many times before, I'm a bad bad blogger. Things come up or i just all around get lazy. Lately, it's been a little of both. I apologize for the lateness of my beach adventure.
I went to Long Beach, WA with my family. It is one of my favorite places to go an unwind. I rode the whole way with Korick in my lap and my binkie safe in my purse. My brother didn't say a word about my teddy. After making a huge pot of gumbo for my family the first night (which was a feet considering the 4 hour drive, an early morning dental appt and last minute to dos!) I was so happy to make and enjoy something I love so much. After dinner, my brother and I went to the beach, swore at my sister on the other side of the ocean, and ran back before the storm hit.

My Seafood Gumbo. There's rice in there somewhere

First walk down to the water
It actually rained much of the time we where there. We spent a lot of time shopping, swimming at the pool and just trying to find ways to occupy the time. Each day had about 2 hours of sun in the evenings. During those times I walked the beach barefoot and flew my beloved kite. I love that silly kite and there was more then once I ran off because the small quarters and to much family time had gotten to me. I finally learned how to do loops with him too! ^_^

My Arwing
My walks on the beach each night where my way to cleanse. There had been so much ick leading up to the trip. I hardly had time to do those 'little things' that help me coup with stress. There was one night I even walked down to the beach with my binkie hidden in my pocket and once I got down to the water, sandals in hand, I popped it in my mouth. No one was around so I pranced in the waves and giggled and just all around enjoyed myself. It was the best kind of therapy and something I hope I can do again sometime soon.

This was the best sunset and I was the only one out to see it. At least from our condo anyway ^_^
I was also the only one to really wade into the water... and was also the only one to fall in. That story later. That whole store has pictures.
I ate my fill of shellfish and fresh veggies from the farmers markets, but of course there where the stops at the candy stores and for ice cream. And while my family all had more traditional flavors, mine was bright blue and pink and smelled like cotton candy. It was the bestest ice cream EVER!!! I also stopped by my favorite candy store for my usual sea salt caramels, but stumbled upon chocolate covered marshmallows with caramel. Before we left, I cleaned the shop out of them. It was sinful, but OMG the bestest thing ever!

Cotton Candy ice cream is AMAZING!!!

Breakfast bloody mary and swirly pop. The loli wasn't part of breaky

Salt water taffee and loli again

THE BESTEST AWESOMEST MONSTROSITY OF CHOCOLATE, MARSHMALLOW AND CARMEL EVER!!!
It was a wonderful trip. I was surprised by just how many little moments I was able to sneak in when no one was looking. There where also the ones that where just cleverly disguised and written off as 'well that's just Ania'. I guess, this was really a test to see if I could comfortably be little and not feel pressured to act one way or another. I call this test a success!

Korick on the way home after a busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment