Saturday, October 22, 2011

Closing of a Year


It’s October, my favorite holiday is just around the corner. I should be sewing, but after a mentally trying couple of weeks, I’m cuddled up with a blanket, in pink jammies with both a cat and a teddy bear at my side. I just don’t have the energy to sew at the moment. Though this relaxing time to myself right now has been great too.

With Halloween around the corner, it’s always a reminder that I’ll be another year older shortly before the holiday. Mentally, I haven’t been attached to my physical age for some time now. The thought of being 27 hurts my head. It’s crazy to me to think about that. I had so many dreams for myself at this age. It’s weird to think how drastically your thinking can change because of things that happen. 

I know this next year there will be big changes. The biggest is moving back out on my own this time. I’ve had a friend offer a place after the first and I’m seriously thinking it would be a good thing. It means buying a new sewing machine, but it would be my own space without having to worry about parents going through my things or telling me it’s all downhill after 30. It also means being able to lounge around in my frilly Lolita dresses and not getting the weird looks. 

My goal before my birthday is to have my ‘costume’ done by then. I have the day off from work and plan on wearing my Alice dress all day. I don’t care if I go out or not, I just want to dress pretty and twirl around. It will be my first birthday as an open Lolita and my 3rd as a little. My big gift to myself this years is a beautiful kitsune ball joint doll. I’ve been waiting impatiently since sending my last payment on him. Very few people know I’ve ordered him. And I can’t wait to get my hands on him to make him cute little clothes.

I’m trying to make this year positive, at least the closing of it. I’ve learned so much and done so much. I have to focus on the positive and the good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment