Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lazy Sunday

It’s Sunday morning and no one is home. I’m in my Tinker Bell jammies, snuggled in a blankie, watching something on archeology with my teddy bear Korick. My sippy cup is full of water down cranberry juice and have a plate of Ritz with pb&j. This is the type of therapy I’ve needed for a while. Quiet time, in the open and in a dimly lit room.

Korick


My room is set up as a safety zone, with my dolls and stuffies and books on display. But every now and then I want to snuggle on the couch and not have to worry about being questioned or made fun of about my sippy cup or my teddy. This has been something that has bothered me recently. With my current living situation, I can’t be Little as soon as I get home from work. Ideally, I would take a bubbley bath and play with my toys, get cozy in jammies and curl up with dinner and my laptop. I’ve thought a lot about moving recently and have actually had an offer to move in with friends. The more I thought about it, the more I realized it might not be the best situation. Again, I would be hiding this part of me, probably more than I do now. Ideally, I would love to be able to move in with my adopted Daddy. Even with things being on a friend bases currently, I know I would be protected and he wouldn’t mind me being snuggled up with a sippy cup.

The thought of being truly alone and out on my own has been on my mind a lot lately. Can I do it? Will cutting the ties with some of the people that have hurt me cause other problems? Will I become a recluse and only interact with people at work? Currently, I’m finding the later to be happening, but I’ve had so much going on around me recently that I’ve had no time to unwind and to be me. I’ve realized more and more just how important that is. Being depressed is not fun. It’s a place I never thought I’d be back in and I honestly don’t want to be here anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment