Saturday, January 12, 2013

Find more then Snow Bite



I went to Target today with the goal of buying Snow Bite if I found her. I got to the Monster High section of the doll aisle and found a little girl and her grandma. I always get nervous when I go to raid a toy section when other people are present, but as I stood trying to keep my cool I overheard the little girl comment on all the details of the dolls she had lined up to choose from. I saw 2 on my list in her line up and I asked her if she collected. Grandma kind of looked stunned while I carried on a 10 minute conversation with this girl about her collection.
Snow Bite from Amazon
She asked who I was looking for and I told her Snow Bite and she was kind enough to tell me she already dug through the shelves and hadn't found any other then one of the ones I had. I looked again at the 2 she had in her line up on my list. I looked her in the eyes and told her that if I were to walk out of the store with one of them, it would be Jennifire because she's a really hot doll right now, but the Clawdeen would be a close second. Her face lit up when I said that. And while I didn't walk away with a doll and resisted the urge to run back to the aisle to see who she picked, I felt really good about that chat with that little girl. I saw myself in her when I was that little and she just spoke to my heart.

I don’t always talk to kids out of fear their parents will freak out, but grandma didn’t seem to mind.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this story and what a gorgeous doll! As a huge Snow White fanatic, I'd love to find one of these, as well. I had no idea one existed!

    (oh, and I'm Switch-kitten. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've seen her in stores still. i don't think the fairytale line was as popular as they had hoped. i got mine just after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete