Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ankle Update

After much drama and crying (office er referred me too told me they could not see me for 2 weeks, to stop using my crutches and that I'm fine. All diagnosed from the RECEPTIONIST over the phone. I was floored) I got in with an orthopedic doctor closer to home. After spending the weekend drugged mostly out of my pretty little head, Monday at work I tried walking on it. Got home in a great deal of pain and vowed to use the crutches. Tuesday, was still waiting to hear back from the office I was referred too, was really trying to be good, but things went down the hill quickly. I was in pain. I've sprained my ankle many times before, but this was a new type of pain. While I do have a high pain tolerance, it was getting to be to much. It was passed the fun point.

After phone drama with the office I was referred too, my manager told me I need to see someone ASAP, which was in my discharge notes. She told me to find any office that would take the L & I claim and she'd work on her end with the paperwork. I called a place close to home, explained my store and they got me in the next day. I wanted to hug the scheduler and the doctor that was on call who agreed to see me after hearing my story.

The doctor couldn't believe the crappy boot I was put in. He wrote me a perscription for a much better fitting one that is actually more of a pain to walk in. So I'm doing more of what i should have been doing over the past few days
So today, I went and finally saw a doctor, who was WONDERFUL! My ankle is fractured and I've torn the ligaments in it. He said surgery might be something down the road, after a little more healing and physical therapy. He is hesitant though because of the history with my other foot and surgery would require me to have to put my weight on my left leg for 6 weeks. I like this doctor, not only because of his quick work ethic, but he was very informative and didn't use big words. I am considering seeing him after my right foot is more settled to get a long overdue second opinion with my left foot. Something I've put off out of fear of what might have to be done with it. Having my feet injured has been my greatest fear for a very long time. And this was something stupid. So stupid and this doctor joked that I should have made up a better story. That I dove to save a little old lady from rolling away in a wheelchair. Anything would sound cooler then getting up out of a chair and rolling my ankle in the way I did.

So, I'm to keep off of it as much as possible. Use the crutches at the most 2 weeks or until I can walk on it without crippling pain. The boot is going to be my friend for the next 4 - 6 weeks. At least this one looks less stupid. After 2 weeks I meet with the doctor again and possibly start physical therapy. Let's see how well this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment