Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Well, after a month of complete and total ick, today turned around completely. I was ready to just skip the month of October all together.

I had an appointment this morning for my ankle and was scared to death I was going to hear I've furthered damaged it. The good news is that I didn't! I'm healing well and will be starting physical therapy this week or next.

After recent events with my kitty Simba, my parents decided he is no longer welcome in the house. I was being pushed to take him to a shelter. After much searching, asking and pleading, one of my adopted mom's agreed to take him in and foster him until I am able to get my own place. I'll still get to see him and I know he will be safe. I also see this as a huge incentive to get my tail in gear to get money together to move.

After my appt this morning, I was still fairly shattered mentally about my precious kitty. I was set on not celebrating Halloween this year at all or ever again. Daddy Shadow had taken me to my appointment and I decided we where going to breakfast since he was just off work and I was so depressed. We had breaky at Poverty Bay and then went and wondered the mall. He got me to laugh and smile but got more worried when I turned down a Coke.

I admitted to not sleeping and that my stomach was starting to go to heck again and all around the physical side of all the stress lately was catching up. There was scolding and rules enforced and all that jazz. I think last night was the worst of it outside of the heart attack like panic attack towards the start of the month. I really want to get back to my normal.

Once things had settled and I knew my kitty was going to be ok, I went to work carving my pumpkin (that I've had for 2 weeks now) and all around getting back into the Halloween spirit.  My vampire princess costume never got made because of the depression, so, I took Alice out of the closet and decided that the Megatron boot I have to wear would be because I had a hard trip down the rabbit hole this last time. Hair done, contacts in and my one knee high stocking on, I was good to go for Halloween.

I decided nothing was scarier then Pinkie Pie

I'm proud of this considering how fast I worked on it.

Alice in her Megatron Boot. It's a pain in the tail running to the door to greet kids but DAMN IT!!! Someone has to do it! I'll have to ice my ankle later anyway, might as well be worth it!
All in all, I'm happy to be done with my pity party. Let's hope I never again have an October as bad as this one has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment